Information om tjänsten
Job Function: Professional Veterinary Affairs
Reporting to: Nordic Professional Veterinary Affairs Manager (PVAM)
Why Work For Hill’s Pet Nutrition?
At Hill´s we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. If you are interested in work that matters, fuelled by passion for pets, we invite you to apply to our Professional Consulting Veterinarian (PCV) position.
Hill´s Pet Nutrition (www.hillspet.com) is a global leader in clinical nutrition for dogs and cats and is a market leader in the specialty channel in the Nordic region. Hill´s Pet Nutrition is a part of Colgate-Palmolive.
- The learning & development opportunities: You will refine your commercial mind-set and continue to learn new skills working closely with a cross-functional team.
- The challenge & variety: You will operate in a fast paced operational environment, directly impacting the day-to-day performance of the business, with personal accountability for your business.
- The global experience: You will have the opportunity to work with global brands, participate in global strategies with potential to develop your career internationally.
- The Colgate Values: Caring, global teamwork and continuous improvement are integral to how we operate every day.
The Veterinary Affairs Manager is part of the Professional Veterinary Affairs (PVA) team, working closely with the Customer Development team, and is responsible for meeting KPIs defined between Customer Development and PVAM through influence of veterinary specialists and healthcare teams achieving highest sales and recommendation results. This position serves as the technical liaison for the local Customer Development team consulting, coaching and training Territory Managers.
- Enhance Field Sales technical, product, communication and seminar delivering expertise through ongoing Territory Manager training and field coaching.
- Influence practice success through nutritional education, coaching and skill-building training with in practice healthcare teams primarily focusing on large practices.
- Help Territory Managers to drive usage of Quick Recommendation as a key tool to increase recommendation
- Closely collaborate with local vet schools and provide professional support (lectures, seminars etc.) to schools, veterinary nurse colleges and at regional veterinary meetings.
- Drive Hill’s4Me program throughout Sweden and liaise with student reps and support feeding trials where appropriate
- Manage and expand the cooperation’s with key shelters and assistant dog associations
- Staff Hill’s exhibit booth at national/regional/specialty conferences building relationships, providing vet insights and influencing conference attendees to recommend and sell Hill’s products. Answer veterinary/technical queries from the helpline.
- Drive Digital Education 2.0 for veterinary partners through Webcasts, Podcasts and other collaboration and engagement tools for the whole Nordic region.
Qualifications and skills
Basic qualifications include:
- Graduate degree in veterinary medicine
- Current veterinary license and clinically competent
- Ideally 4+ years of small animal clinical practice experience
- Basic understanding of business terminology: good analytical skills
- Strong work ethic, high integrity and professional appearance & approach
- Self-motivated and highly competitive
- Passion for pets
- Drive to grow and build an account base
- Fluent in Swedish and English
- Valid driver’s license required
Expected Areas of skills:
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal and presentation)
- Proficient in word, excel and power point
- Must be able to work independently, manage a demanding schedule with irregular hours and manage travel within region to deliver internal and external customer visits/training; some overnight travel required
- Ability to make sound decisions under conditions of uncertainty or complexity
Working Relationships (Key partnerships and reporting relationships)
- Reports to Nordic PVA Manager
- Customer Development, Key Account Management Team, Customer Marketing
- Veterinary Customers
Expected percentage of travel: Up to 60%
Do you want to join our team?
Send your application and CV as soon as possible. Apply here.
We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact:
Nordic Veterinary Affairs Manager
Mobile: +45 22474992